datestampFriday, May 21, 2010

Blessings of Breastfeeding Part 5

It was difficult to narrow this down to 5 posts. Breastfeeding has truly blessed my life in many ways. It's not a matter of preference, it's a way of life. I haven't even scratched the surface of topics like health, parenting or setting a positive example.

For this last post I really wanted to express my feelings of being blessed with a stronger marriage because of breastfeeding. My husband is amazing and supportive in many aspects, but when I think of how he's supported my desire to nurse our babies, I get emotional.

When I went through the pain of engorgement when I weaned Spanky, he held me while I cried. When I leaked through my shirt at the grocery store, he laughed with me. When I put our newborn son to my breast and he latched on right away, he marveled with me at the miracle and wonder of what we created together.

My Digger has helped to create an environment of love and respect, where breastfeeding our babies is a normal part of life. And that's something you can't get out of a can...

No comments:

Post a Comment