datestampThursday, September 11, 2008

The Man Who Walked Between the Towers



I hadn't heard of this kids picture book before. It was originally published in 2004, but just recently came out in paperback. A couple of weeks ago I saw it in the kids section at Borders and started reading it, became absorbed, started crying, kept reading through the tears and then...my husband walked up. I tried to tell him about this book and started crying more. I put it down and ran off to collect myself.
I think this would be a good way to remember the events of 7 years ago. Most of our children weren't concieved yet when the towers came down. I know for me, it's important that my boy understand and remember throughout his life. I will ad this lovely book to my sons library, but I doubt I will ever be able to read it to him...much like The Three Trees. Those will have to be Dad books.


No comments:

Post a Comment