datestampThursday, July 30, 2009

Darn near perfect!

If I do say so myself! Whipped up this small diaper bag Wednesday, but I'm using it for a purse already, because I love it! It's reversible, has three pockets inside and out and the sweetest little button closures. I started with the 'recipe' from this book, but it is a little too simple so I busted out my trusty graph paper and redesigned it with boxed corners, a longer strap---well by the time I made all the changes...it's pretty much my own design.

I think it will be great for short outings and church. I will be making a pattern for a larger version for longer time way from home. Also in the works are wet-bags for dirty little cloth diapers and cloth wipes. Coordinating of course.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

IN LOVE!!!!!!! Where did you get those cutest buttons!!!! That is so adorable! How do you just "whip that up"?! You are so awesome!!!!

mishalee said...

Hi Britta! I don't have an email for you, but welcome back! I coveted those buttons for over year and then JoAnn's had a button sale....finally an excuse to buy them! Then I was really picky what I wanted to use them on. When I finished the bag and started thinking about buttons....I knew my girls were a perfect fit! The fabric is from JoAnn's too! *p.s. You just went to Africa to help people in need....I think YOU are awesome!

Marily said...

Someday I want to be like you Misha and make cool things. Seriously you have inspired me, so maybe in another few weeks....

The Godell Family said...

Okay seriously, who has time to make adorable little diaper bags like that. Youa re way too crafty, and the craftiness needs to stop right noow. Youa re making the rest of us look bad!

Susan said...

WOW! How did I miss this cute bag. It is what I wanted to make, but didn't when I had Evan. Love the fabric and the buttons. So cute!

Post a Comment